Friday, February 27, 2009

Yossi Benayoun is a Jew,so what?


"I ask nothing of the Jews except they should dissapear."

-Nazi Polish governor,Hans Frank with his Nazi-racist statement.

It was Wednesday afternoon,and I've spent my day watching Champions League football games with my brother Shahril,his wife Citra Sasmi,Citra's cousin Adryan and Adryan's significant other,Mary Shane.Meanwhile Rasheed with his first educational about football,since he only knows about ice hockey.He don't even know what is offside.I have to tell him which player is offside and no matter how much I try to explain,he still don't understand.Never mind.

So it's a game between Liverpool and Real Madrid.Shahril and his wife were staunch Manchester United fan,while Adryan and Mary Shane were Liverpool fans.My team,Celtic FC already been eliminated,never mind,I'm not such a gloryhunter afterall.Since I spent my young days in Milan,I support Inter Milan.

And in 86th minute Yossi Benayoun strikes a goal against Real Madrid's goalkeeper Iker Casillas and suddenly with frustration tones Shahril shouted,"damn,Yahudi sial!",because he prefers Real over Liverpool.

And then Shahril shouted at Adryan(since Adryan is a Muslim),"Yahudi Zionis bunuh Palestin!" and Adryan with Mary Shane keep on singing "You'll Never Walk Alone".I'm joining them,since Celtic FC is also in the same anthem.

For me,I have no problems if any Israeli players in my favorite team.Well,Jews are also human race.They're just playing football,nothing involves with politic.

I understand the frustration among Muslim with Israeli oppression against Palestinian,but the West Bank conflict is not about religion,it's about racist agenda.Zionist also killing Christian Arabs,like George and Rasheed told to me.

But I don't understand why Yossi Benayoun should be hated by Muslim?Just because he is a Jew?I believe Rafa Benitez put him on the game because of his quality,not because his race.

Now I believe we should judge him by his ability.If he's good,let him play.If not,kick him out.And he is good.So what if he's a Jew?

More and more Muslims became more racist by hating Jews for no reason.Even some Jews against Zionist and Israel.Albert Einstein is a Jew,but his theory E=mc² are also against the idea of Zionism.Even he is from Israel,football is just football,why should we involving him with the conflict in West Bank?

To my beloved brother Shahril,Malcolm Glazer is a Jew,so what is your point right now?

Just shut up and watch football,will you?

2 comments:

Cob Nobbler said...

haha i dulu pernah ada sifat macam ni.tapi bila difikir-fikir balik,kita plak jadi racist.

nabi ishak sampai nabi isa semua orang yahudi.takkan kita nak benci diorang sekali?

kita benci zionis,bukan yahudi.

MariaFaizal said...

Hmmm.....:)
Shahril may have to check this site out to see there are plenty of Jews whom didn't agree on what Israelis army done to Palestine.

"Naturei Karta - Orthodox Jews Against Zionism"

Cheers to you & yours.