Monday, February 2, 2009

Antigone,dude,I'm joining theatre?

I was walking on my faculty,just scribble with notes and some articles that I should refer,suddenly a girl walking near at me.

"Hello Ez,my name is Susan".

"Hi Susan.How can you know my name?"

"Well,you're President of Lefthanders Club right?Who haven't forgot your inspirational speech,about lefthanded people and discrimication with left people?I'm a lefthander too."

"Hehe,uh,you know it's a rhetoric that create a wonderful speeches.It never be wonderful without rhetoric."

"Well,I want you to be my actress,lead actress in my play."

"Err..I never act in play.I never had a experience(to act)."

"Don't worry,I see,people like you will never have a problem with stage fright.I think you're alright.Besides,I've read one of your articles about Girl Power Movement in Faculty of Humanities,right?It's inspiring us!"

"Err..thank you."

"In conjunction with Women Emancipation's Day on April 21st,I hope you can join us to perform Antigone,the Greek girl power play."

"Who is Antigone?A Greek?I don't speak Greek.I have anchestor of Turkish but I don't speak Turkish,how can I speak Greek?"

"Don't worry,we will doing it in English.All you have to do is coming to our talent casting,right now.By the way,I'm your director,Susan McPhilson.Christina Rivera,she's the one who recommends you."

"Bloody bastard girl!Haha!Well,I hope you're don't pick the wrong girl.I don't know how to act."

"Ok,here's a script,all you need to do is read,and imagine that you're a women leader who wants to defend women from these,sarcastic,egomaniac guys."

"Now I like that.I love Antigone.Yes!This is a great script.When the play begin?"

"Now you need to rehearse with us,and the show is on Emancipation Day,April 21st."

"So,I should be like Hillary Clinton,like that?"

"Sort of.Probably like Cleopatra or Queen E.Strong yet beautiful."

"Cleopatra ehh..hmm,but I'm afraid that I have a lot of commitment,especially my brother will be marry this week,so I'm quite busy.."

"It's okay.No pressure,but I believe you can do it.Just like BO always said,Yes We Can."

"Haha,BO is the one who defeat my Hill!"

"Just read the script,okay?You're interested?"

"Yes,I think it's such a honor to join this play.Antigone,eh?Girl power!"

"Yes,girl power and lefthanders too!"

"Okay,Susan,nice to know you."

"You too!"

Now can anybody who has experienced the theatre,can anybody help me?

Antigone is a daughter of King Oedipeus and Jocasta.When her father died,she wants to pay respect by burying her father,however,it's an outlaw for women to follow a funeral.It's only for men.In this patrimony system which always viewed women as only "birth machine",Antigone try to against this stupid custom.She believes that there's no such thing as man is a leader,woman just a follower.Whoever can rule,regardless man or woman,can also rule.

Antigone rival is Creon,Oedipeus brother(which means it's Antigone uncle).And the rival begins as it's shows that Antigone is far more intelligent than her uncle,but man will always follow their ego,and until the end,Creon kill Antigone.

Haha I die with pride!Wow this play is inspiring.Nami or Hafiz,please help me right now!

7 comments:

RY said...

phew!

satu geng dengan nami la. nami tu selalu monolog.

*betul mi?
hehe

Cob Nobbler said...

memang for sure antigone boleh buat orang jadi tido hahaha!

nothing i can help u la ez..pasal antigone yg diperform kat pulau pinang ni pun,bahasa melayu gak.

u jadi antigone ke?huhuhuhu!gempak2!

Cob Nobbler said...

April 21st Women Emancipation's Day?Haih?Ape kes my birthday ni?

Ez the Conspirator said...

I have no idea,nami.kebetulan birthday you.citra cakap birthday u tu Hari Kartini,Hari Emansipasi.

maybe dari situ kot?

razor,biar monolog jangan menopause!

Unknown said...

wah!
u jadi inspirasi orang tu
:)

memang gempak la

Ez the Conspirator said...

but sue..there's three women in my life that always be my inspiration.

not even hillary clinton or angela merkel.

it's elly,my mom and you!

Unknown said...

me?
why me?