Sunday, June 22, 2008

Radiohead Live In Calgary!

It is Monday,in Pengrowth Saddledome,I have witnessed the greatest band of all time since the Beatles,Radiohead.With my friend Mary Shane,and my brother Shahril,the night was cracking mad!Thom and co. has performed electrifiying the crowd with absolutely great performance.It's been 6 months I've been wait for this concert.

15 STEPS (*****)The first song they had performed that night is 15 Steps.Phil Selway the drummer,has done the great impact to the music itself.Sound like "techno beat" song,I felt like I'm in alien spaceship with great guitar riff of Jonny Greenwood.What a great opening act.

SUBTERRANEAN HOMESICK ALIEN(****)One of the great song of OK Computer,this is what I called it the masterpiece of Thom.With under influence of Jonny's overdrive,the song is fully screamed.

BODYSNATCHERS(*****)When I heard the riffs,intro of this song,I was screamed like hell.Mary was uncontrolled,asking me to lift him to stage,but been pulled by security guard on the stage.Pushing and screaming in pogo,it was cracking mad!No wonder the security didn't want us to bring our camera here.The band then go to rest,but still fans don't cool down since Bodysnatchers rocking Calgary that night.

FAKE PLASTIC TREE(****)The band came back and,they want to slowdown the fans by singing a melodic slow song from album The Bends.From here I've seen Thom singing without even think that he was there.It was so emotional to see him sing like that.

I MIGHT BE WRONG(****)He then asked crowd to start clapping while Jonny do his work,with guitar riffs like that,he start to react with emotion and crowd start to chanting along him.It was great moment as Shahril,the newbie of Radiohead fans saying,"what the hell he was doing?"

DOWN IS A NEW UP(*****)This song is interesting.Thom bring his keyboard,and at first,he start the song with "Draculla" Movie Theme,before starting this song.Well,this is B-side song,not even lot people knows it.I knew it,Mary knew it,leaving Aril blurred.The band then rest for second time,while Aril go buying some refreshment,I realized some of troublemaker had fought each other beside us.It was so chaotic until security came and arrest both of them.Fuhhhhh!!!Radiohead suddenly play some riffs,a song without lyric,just for let the crowd cool.Thom then says thanks who all to come to this concert,saying Canada is awesome and rock!

JUST(*****)I screamed like hell!This is so wonderful,especially when Jonny riffs his guitar like that,the dome seems so rock and I don't realized actually it was Aril who go to the crowd and slam.OMG!

ELECTIONEERING(****)2008 is election year.Almost the whole world done or still having a process of election.However,Thom has cynical views on US Presidential Election,by saying "it's like the Americans vote for a President who controls the world".I'm saying in my heart,Hillary will do it the better world.However,I don't want to mention much about politics,it's Radiohead!So,the performance was awesome except for one thing,Thom slips his voice once.Well,he just a human being.

NO SURPRISE(*****)This is the way Radiohead end tonight's performance,how cruel...This is my favorite song and yet,he play this song.I was thought Nice Dream will be the last,nah...No Surprises...The glockenspiel played by Jonny,with simple acoustic guitar of Thom,it's was majestic."Bring down the government,they don't speak for us..." and I shout it out loud.Some of the crowds shouting "Fuck Bush,Fuck Harper" and I joined the crowd,as my protest against conservatism.Oh yeah,I adding "Fuck Pak Lah" as well haha!In the end we're going home,and Aril,he said,"I love Radiohead".The great performance.

2 comments:

Cob Nobbler said...

serious i'm jealous with you guys..when radiohead going to perform here.. :(

martesj said...

I'm jealous ezreen....!!!
Thom, when you go to Indonesia????