Thursday, February 26, 2009

Indonesians Are Patriotic,They're Offended When People Called Them "Indon".


Indonesia Raya,Merdeka!Merdeka!Tanahku,negeriku yang kucinta.Indonesia Raya,Merdeka!Merdeka!Hiduplah Indonesia Raya.

Indonesia Raya,national Anthem of Indonesia.

My brother marrying an Indonesian lady this month,and since married,my brother are adapted to be a little bit less Malay-Canadian and became more Indonesian.My brother Shahril are learning Indonesian,especially Javanese culture,eating tempe as his protein supplimentary and he always wear his Javanese batik peci,and although we are far away from Indonesia,the vibe is still there,especially Citra's mom(my brother mom-in-law) Mrs. Ayusari Sudirman,and Mr.Hardina dad-in-law of Aril.They're nice,but for me they are the most patriotic family I ever see in my entire life.

According from Mr.Hardina,his father was an army of the Great Sukarno(that's what he call),and his grandfather also fought against Dutch for independence.During at that time his family settled at Malang,East Java.And his family is uphold Indonesia above everything they had,they love their own country more than anything they had.They don't even interested to change their nationality(just like me and Aril did).

Citra's cousin,Adryan,with his uncle open up Indonesian-Javanese cuisine restaurant.In front of his restaurant,it's a Maple Leaf and Sang Saka Merah waving every now and then.They are very patriotic and don't mess with them,they cannot tolerate if anybody create a joke about their beloved nation.

Today,there's a deluge in the papercup in the house today.I'm using Citra Sasmi laptop for online,while his cousin are also coming.Right now I'm in Citra's house,for family feast.Suddenly Citra was at back of me shouted "Cilaka malingsia!Panggil kami Indon ya!",everyone was shouting and cursing on my friend.

Shahril as a husband trying to console his wife to calm down.As ex-Malaysian,he realized that the big taboo of Indonesia has always been ignored by Malaysian.Shahril trying his best to console his wife,while Adryan keep cursing Malaysia as Malingsia (Maling literally in Indonesian-thief),and cursing Tunku Abdul Rahman to Abdullah Badawi.

Since I'm no longer Malaysian,so does Aril,we don't felt offended much when they called Malaysia,Malingsia.But it's where I born(Aril was born in Turkey),I was born there,my school was there and I have a lot memories in Malaysia.But these ignorant attitude,among Malaysians,that always make their neighbors,offended.


Proclaimation of Indonesian Independence,August 17th,1945(the truth Independence,they fought with their blood)

I've been to Indonesia before.They are cool,and to be honest,they're even up-to-date than Malaysian in fashion.They're up-to-date in art and music,and their films are way better than Malaysia.I bet Malaysian culture,especially Malay,were all came from Indonesia.

Lemang came from Indonesia,rendang came from Indonesia,soto came from Indonesia.Rasa Sayang song also came from Indonesia.Malaysian especially Malay actually don't have identity at all,they are steal and proclaim themselves as their owns.It's wrong.And that's why Indonesians calls all of you,Malingsia.

Citra said that she respect some Malaysian who respect Indonesia,like her Malaysian friend Toby,Siti,and Nami.She also said that Indonesian people are not slaves for Malaysia,they're helping Malaysia but instead Malaysian people insult them as Pendatang Tanpa Izin and Malaysian soldier (especially RELA) insult them in concertration camp.

She said some Malaysian people are "ungrateful bastards" towards Indonesia,Indonesian helps Malaysia to build roads,building,working in factory,babysitting Malaysian younglings,instead,they received insults.

This is not the way Malaysian treat them.You must consider that they contribute their own life for you,instead you're acting like a boss and insult them.

I'm feeling bad to be Malay right now,although I'm no longer Malaysian.

On behalf of Malaysians(although I'm no longer Malaysian citizen),I asking to whole Indonesian people who felt offended to us,

MAAFKAN KAMI.

6 comments:

Cob Nobbler said...

Masalahnya orang Malaysia ni tak sedar-sedar diri lagi.

Janganlah menghina-hina lagi.

MariaFaizal said...

Ez,
Briefly I wanna say...
Malaysians (mostly) Mudah Lupa! Especially the Malays!

We are one of most un-patriotic nations ever!

Blame this on our 'leaders'!

Unknown said...

that's what pepatah melayu says
kerana nila setitik,rosak susu sebelanga

tak semua malaysian yang saja2 nak offend perasaan indonesian and tak semua indonesian yang bersikap patriotik and respect others macam citra and family dia.

i pun ada kawan indonesian,even petsis i pun indonesian.
i can see how proud being an indonesian but petsis i kata,some of indonesian ni patriotik pada kata2 bukan perbuatan.

i tengok ada betul nya apa yang petsis i cakap tu.

Anonymous said...

I know that. I realize that through internet that they are seriously offended, now i'm very careful to mention that word.

I had my industrial training a few months back, and there was a woman speaking Malay but in weird tones i ever heard in Peninsular Malaysia. I didn't talk much to her because i don't easily talk to women. Later, to be friendly i had a chit chat with her and then to know better i'm nervously asked her, Errmm, awak dari Indonesia ke?' (The most polite question ever asked by me). Haha. Luckyly she replied, I'm Sabahan (one of the Malaysia states at Borneo). Thank god. That was so close. Haha.

There are two types of Malaysians who call their neighbors 'Indon'. One who seriously intended to offend their neighbours by calling them 'Indon'. Two is who too lazy to say 'Indonesian'. Many of us belong to type two category.

Ez the Conspirator said...

nami:that's why la.

sis maria:bukan blame the leader,we overthrow them hik hik!

sue:ala macam ni la,masa orang buat lagu negarakuku pun,berapa ramai orang malaysia yang melenting kan?macam tu jugak dengan indonesians.

master:i think most people is on category 2,and that's why I want to educate people on category 2 for not being interpreted as category 1.

kueh bakar said...

mereka kuasa besar yang sedang tidur..kalo aku ada wang tentu mo bisness di sana...200 juta penduduk..